Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flags go up Early candidates announce New Paltz Village Board run

Village resident and police commissioner Ariana Basco has said that she will be running for a four-year term on the Village Board, going solo on the “Positive Party” line.

“There is too much negativity in New Paltz politics right now, and I for one want to bring what’s possible and positive to the table,” she said.

Basco, 24, is a graduate of SUNY New Paltz. “I think that there are so many residents with so much to give that are not getting involved with local government, and I think I could help bridge that gap. We need their assistance and input.

“I’m someone without an agenda. I just want to see the village be more sustainable, strengthen our local retail, agricultural and SUNY New Paltz connections in a way that makes it economically and socially viable for all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment